8.07.2008

Mighty quiet here at ol' HG Poe. Finishing up Chr. Moevs book, Metaphysics of Dante's Comedy. I am so enthused about this book that I contacted the publisher, to ask whether a paperback edition is forthcoming, and lo & behold, it shall be so (middle of next month).

With Moevs in one hand and Critics and Criticism (Chicago School) in the other - 2 vibrant expressions of neo-Aristotelianism (sounds fun, doesn't it?) - we are ready for a new era...

I like to think that my own poetry has been neglected because, goshdarn it, it just has too much order & information for this murky day and age... that readers will take to it later on...

- but I am in a season of 2nd thoughts, & tend to see more faults than virtues in it all... for example, a dreamy, musical, aesthetical detachment from the immediate present times, actual history... which I must try to step out and write about, in a different way...

No comments: