4.03.2003

No Jordan, you give ME an alternative analysis !

OK, democracy, this democracy, is nowhere near perfect.

So your alternative is to say : it doesn't matter, everyone will sink back into apathy anyway?

this is what I call cynicism. & your interpretation of it strikes me as standard left : the treadmill is created by repressive elites.

OK. it's not standard left. . .then what is it? If the alternative is not collective state control of the economy, what is your alternative?

how do you propose human beings live together? how should they establish government, if at all?

I, for my part, am in favor of Business; I'm in favor of Government; I'm in favor of Popular Sovereignty & the rule of enlightened public opinion (note the word enlightened); I'm in favor of protecting property rights as a cushion against tyranny, but not as an absolute right trumping the common good.

call it boring, OK. But your pessimism & cynicism have political consequences too. You run down the way things are, but when challenged, you get "bored".

All right I am done for today.

No comments: