1.19.2007

I'll probably be going quiet here at HG Poetics, for a while. That's the plan for now, anyway.

Had a clear realization today (& I don't get many clear realizations) that I'm not really the same person I was when I started this blog 4 years ago, or when I wrote my long poems, or my short poems...

Please understand, this is not related to the fact that I've posted more recently about faith & religion here. It's related to the thought that I need to make some practical changes.

I'm treading water, not writing or doing what I'd like in that vein. Not really taking part in any poetry scene, even in the small ways I once thought I did. And it's not enough, anymore, to observe & comment on other poetry blogs, fascinating and fun as some of them are.

I need to find another way to write, or not-write. It's a big world out there, beyond the library. I must try to shake myself out of old patterns.

Thanks for visiting, friends.

(p.s. am reading interesting Russian novel - Life and Fate, by Vasily Grossman.)

No comments: