10.27.2019

where the wheel pivots




VIA FRANCIGENA

My path of J, my Via Francigena.
You can read it on the Q-
line train, between St. Lou
& Monk’s Mound (clay Cahokia).

Choo-choo, J-J, Joanna, Giuliana...
on the milk train way,
your dewy morning ray –
autumnal hoot of helmeted Athena

(hooya-hey).  Fled with her child
from rude dragon.  Nightmare
tyranny (unveiling there
the root of human woe).  So the scald

burns his tattoo into each trumpet call –
the empty mirror of the king
crowns him equal to everything.
So gather him weird into your iris squall,

milky Sophia – gold sunflower
stretched into an almond
ark of mustard limbs (wand
blooming with abject surrender).

Because I love, because I love...
Behold, my child, I have
no wrath.  & in the hive
of clay lips, trace her architrave –

tacit surrender to a violet
sown by storm (below
these wars of villain & hero).
Where the wheel pivots, my river-pilot.

10.26.19

No comments: