6.20.2003

My old checkers moves from Buffalo Poetics listwars.

Not the New, but the Now.

The Now is not emerging from the School of Carpitude.

Next I'll take on the NY School gen. 300.

Have the vision & ambition to be midstream.

This is one way to approach it.

Topic for discussion :
is this the choice - either find a way to turn poetry into a game - or be eaten alive by it ?

Deep game needs - the need to isolate the space so you can live in the larger world too; the desire NOT to be Poet 24/7. How this scrapes against or interacts with poetry club culture.

The problem for free thought created by club culture, the culture of poetry as S*E*N*S*A*T*I*O*N*A*L.

I was a poet in high school. I was a writer in junior high. I didn't need or want acceptance - I wanted publication.

No comments: